Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I just couldn't take anymore...

Of this book, that is. I have a hard time not finishing a book once I've started, and this one was intriguing in certain aspects but I started to feel that there was some stupid gimmick that would be revealed in the end. Hated the characters. I don't really know why I picked it out from the library because the other book I read by the author Jennifer Egan, Look at Me, was pretty awful as well. I think I gave myself permission to quit because I didn't want to haul the thing to Hawaii. I need to stop thinking I have to finish reading what I start (it's not like I'm that way in other aspects of my life, sadly). Anyway, I picked out Blowing My Cover, My Life as a C.I.A. Spy, by Lindsay Moran and started it on the bus this morning and it looks light and fluffy, just what I need right now.

I ripped out my work on Ariann - I did the first buttonhole too soon. I could have fixed it by just spacing the other buttons differently, but I really don't want to have to figure out how to do that. I love the pattern and I love the yarn. I'm a little unsure how the sleeves will attach but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I want to bring it with me on the plane - the TSA guidelines recommend bamboo circular needles, but it's still up to the screener. I hope I don't look too threatening with my little knitting project. I'm actually quite annoyed about it. I'll bring the envelope to mail the needles back if need be. Sheesh.

I cannot wait for Hawaii! Four more days... Not that I'm counting or anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Hawaii! I've been there twice - it really is paradise!

Thanks for the comment today!