Thursday, March 8, 2007

More Lizard Ridge

I had to rip back the little bit of Lizard Ridge I had knitted. Waaah. I'm just not seeing how I have to knit the wrapped stitches and it's making me crazy. I might work on it tonight or I might do a little bit of Ariann. I took A to the mall last night so I didn't get much knitting in - just enough to screw up my LR.

On the Princess front, I ran out of yarn on the bus and my sleeve is so close to being finished. I think I'll use one of the gauge swatches I knit up to finish and return the extra ball of Classic Elite Princess, which was a pure delight to knit with, soft and knit up into such a lovely fabric. I wonder why I've never heard anyone rave about this yarn. Hopefully the Recycled Lamb will let me exchange it for some more Kureyon for my Lizard Ridge, which I am determined to get off the ground.

Speaking of Kureyon, I must be the only person in the knit world who does not love this yarn. I'll freely admit that I'm making the LR because I'm a follower, not because I like the yarn. I think the colors are garish and it's scratchy. I am intrigued with it, though, and I like the Noro Shrug that I saw at the Lamb Shoppe and I would most definitely put that in the knitting queue.

I have not started a new book, but I'm finishing up the Lemon Tree audio book and it is completely knocking my socks off. Love love love it. It's making me think in a whole new way. I think I should have a new This American Life podcast to listen to. I loves me some Ira Glass and TAL.

I bought four tops at Ann Taylor - I need new shirts in a big way! Very cute, if I do say so myself. And on sale, too. I will add some pics later.

It is a lovely spring-like day, I can just barely see the ground starting to green up. I didn't even wear a coat today. Yay! Maybe spring is going to come after all...

No comments: