Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Lizard Ridge

I started Lizard Ridge last night - I'm taking another class at Lamb Shoppe on Tuesday nights. I found that after taking the sweater finishing class that I wanted to have a standing date with my knitting. I like the social aspects of it. And I would never attempt this pattern on my own. It doesn't seem to be too clearly written.

Anyhow, I thought the project might be good bus knitting, but I think I'll have to become very familiar with the pattern first. Lots of short rows and counting. I'll learn a lot. I might attempt a cute little stuffed bear with Blue Sky Alpacas.

I also clarified with Julie, the instructor, the meaning of Ariann's instructions to SSK in the front of the stitch. I think I've always been doing it that way (wrong? Hopefully not). I'm starting to feel like maybe I should not have chosen a fall/winter project. Oh well. I prefer to knit with wool anyway. I will probably bring the linen Louet Sales handtowel to Hawaii. Yay! Hawaii!

I also got a chunk of Princess sleeve finished on the bus. I want to have it blocked by Saturday morning then maybe I can seam it on Sunday if it's dry. It looks good.

No comments: