Sunday, March 4, 2007

The beginning...

I started this blog to keep track of my obsessions: knitting projects and books I've read. I have no expectations that anyone else will read this, so it's mainly a chance for me to document my thoughts and progress. Big important thoughts and musings.

Hopefully I can figure out the formatting of this so my posts won't look so stupid. I also have to take some pictures of my knitting and figure out how to add them to the blog.

I am inspired by The Bookish Girl, Mason-Dixon Knitting, Crazy Aunt Purl, January One (whose lovely post inspired me to undertake my own Ariann), and too many others to list. I am constant amazed at how many gifted writers are in blogland.

Like the rest of the knitterly world, I started Ariann last night in my beautiful Plymouth Galway Heather from Kpixie. I'm not quite finished with three other projects:

Ribby Cardi is just awaiting her zipper; Classic Elite Princess Pullover is awaiting her last sleeve (which is thisclose), blocking and sewing; and Third Eye Chullo from the fab Knit Wit is awaiting his eye. This is my sweet and patient husband's Valentine's Day gift. I'm nervous about the embroidery, but am very pleased at how it turned out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland! Have fun knitting Ariann!