Sunday, April 8, 2007

Merry Easter

It's a cold and snowy Easter - perfect for knitting, which I intend to do after our Easter dinner at Mom and Dad's (where we'll see my adorable little tiny nephew, Thad).

I have some catching up to do - Hawaii was all that I expected and more. Loved it. I read an entire book - Innocent Traitor, by Alison Weir, that was fab, and I knit three Lizard Ridge afghan squares. I've got the pattern down pat and so it's going pretty quickly. I'm running out of yarn so I bought three more skeins from Supercrafty that I'm anxiously awaiting. Good price, too. I'll put up a picture of the six squares - they look pretty good if I do say so myself. I tend to like the more earthy ones, but Kureyon's colors are pretty bright, shall we say. It's a good, portable project.

Still working on Ariann, too -# (*&^% buttonhole and all. I kind of screwed it up, but I'm not about to go back. I can't imagine wearing it buttoned anyway. I used the technique in The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques, and I screwed up somewhere along the way. Oh well. I'm still enjoying the process - it's a very enjoyable knit. I haven't figured out why it looks the way it does - gnomes as Crazy Aunt Purl would say.

I have more books from the library: The Winthrop Woman, by Anya Seton, Avalon also by Anya Seton and Mistress of the Art of Death, by Ariana Franklin. I think I'll read the Franklin book since there's a wait for it at the library, but I'm anxious to read The Winthrop Woman - Seton's book Katherine is one of my all time favorites.

No comments: