Sunday, April 29, 2007

Aaah, springtime

A perfect day! The weather was glorious, upper 70's.

I took a nice long walk and listened to my audiobook, A Long Way Gone, Memoirs of a Boy Soldier, by Ishmael Beah. Heartbreaking, but so compelling. I am almost ashamed that these horrible atrocities were taking place in this world and it never crossed my radar. It's all the more poignant because my son is the age that Ishmael is when he was "drafted" (for lack of a better word).

Anyway, I need to take more long walks - it felt so nice.

I came home and read my newest library find, 44 Scotland Street, by Alexander McCall Smith. Wonderful. It was written in installments for a newspaper, a la Armistead Maupin. Completely sweet and enjoyable. A perfect springtime patio read. I'm halfway through and just started today. I told K that I felt like I was on vacation, reading my eyes out on our lovely patio, watching the birds scold my cat and eating way too much chocolate.

I felt unsure of my work on the Ariann sleeve, so I ripped it out and started over - I probably didn't need to do that. It's actually kind of fun, it is knitting up quickly and I've got it all charted out so I feel pretty confident in my progress.

I also hauled out the pink and lime green felted slippers that I started last spring. I don't think mine will make it much longer so I am starting their replacement. I made a ton of progress on the Lizard Ridge too - I am cranking out those squares.

What a lovely day, I couldn't ask for more. I am so lucky to have such a life.

No comments: