Saturday, May 26, 2007

Yay - long weekend

Aaaah, nice long weekend, makes me SO HAPPY. I have big plans, to sleep and knit and read and go to dinner and the movies. The weather is lovely, too.

I am reading Through a Glass Darkly, and I am wondering if the damn thing will ever end. I can't remember why I thought I would like it. It's kind of stupid. Yeesh. I guess I don't hate it enough to stop reading it but still.

I broke down and bought yarn for Something Red by Wendy Bernard. It's Blue Sky Alpacas cotton - so soft! If I start it now I'll probably be finished in September (it's short sleeved - more of a spring/summer garment). And yes, I'm still slogging away at Ariann. I have ripped the sleeves out more times than I can remember. I dropped a bunch of stitches off the needle and couldn't figure out how to put them back on so I went to knit night at A Knitted Peace, but I didn't really get it put back together right to I ripped it yet again. and I had made huge progress, too. I kind of feel weird about asking for help with a project when I didn't purchase the yarn at that store.

I also bought some basic felting yarn (Ella Rae) - I want to make another felted bag like my beloved red one. I just love that thing. But I'm telling myself that I need to finish Ariann and the Lizard Ridge before I start on the bag. I might cast on for Something Red sooner. Just so I'll have time to wear it before it gets too cold. It's also knit from the top down in one piece. Yay - hate finishing, I do.

No comments: